
9/11. When I see that date or hear 9/11, I can't help but think of what happen that day. Who doesn't think of that? I remember what we were doing that morning, how we found out about it. I had come downstairs [like normal] and went in to Mom and Dad's room. Mom was sitting on the end of her bed with the phone, she had just hung up with Dad and she was watching the TV [which we never do, only in times like this.] The reason mom and dad had the TV in their room was because we were remodeling. Well I looked on the TV and there it was, ...I guess I don't have to tell you what happen, you know what happened. We all got on to mom's bed and watch in disbelief. It was really happening, it wasn't a movie, it actually happened. My cousin Mark A. worked in one of the buildings next to the Sears Tower, My Aunt Wendy [and the rest of us] were all thankful that the terrorists did not come to Chicago. OK, we weren't doing anything big, but that's what comes to my mind when I think of 9/11. I think that one of these days I would like to go to NY and walk where it took place. WHAT WERE YOU DOING THAT DAY AND WHAT REMINDS YOU OF 9/11?
2 comments:
Wendy, very good and thoughtful. Like 12/07/41, 9/11/01 will be remenbered.I was working at Keebler's when it happen and its itched in my mind. Love papa
Our whole family(minus Dad)was at the Mall. At one of the stores the clerk asked my mom what she thought about the twin towers..My mom (who at the time was buying movies) turns to the gentlman and says "Oh,I don't believe I've seen that one yet"(thinking it was a new movie out). Needless to say, we finally realized what was going on, and headed home. Dad was on a business trip at the time, so he had a rather interesting time getting home. The images are still firmly planted in my mind, of seeing the towers fall over, and over again.
Post a Comment